The city of St. Augustine is accepting applications for a committee to examine the short-term vacation rental industry.
The Commission plans to appoint seven people to serve on the Special Committee on Short Term Rentals.
“The committee will study the vacation rental market in St. Augustine and based on its findings make recommendations to the Commission for new or amended ordinances,” according to a city news release.
To fill the committee, the city is looking for:
• Owners/operators of a private short term rental.
• Owners/operators of a commercial short term rental.
• Owners/operators of a bed and breakfast.
• Representatives of the vacation rental by owner industry.
• Real estate property managers.
• Residents from areas most affected by vacation rentals.
Anyone interested in serving on the committee can send a letter listing their qualifications to The City Manager’s Office, City of St. Augustine, 75 King St. People can also email letters to CoSA@CityStAug.com or fax them to 904-825-1096.
Letters are due at the city manager’s office by noon June 13. For information, call the city manager’s office at 825-1006.